Tuesday, April 1, 2014
The JD 4730 sprayer is ready. We have drained the RV antifreeze from the solution system, and tested the spray boom. We have the water truck loaded and ready. But, the wind is too stiff to apply herbicides this morning. Perhaps the wind will die down by evening and allow us to begin that task.
We have identified the priority list of spray tasks, with the burndown of the cover crop rye being first on the list. Let’s hope that can occur soon.
Ross and Brandon are out in the pickup, scouting for a place dry enough to apply NH3. We have rebuilt the NH3 system on the blue application bar in order to enhance safety. The hoses and fittings have an ‘expiration date’ that indicates when replacement is recommended.
The soybean air drill got its inspection and lubrication this morning. It is fully ready now for #plant14. We parked it in an out-of -the-way location, for we need the JD 9330 tractor for other tasks ahead of planting. It’s a good feeling to know the soybean planter is prepared and ready to go.
We will need to check on the progress at the Burke farm today, the rainy days have stopped the work for a few days, but hopefully, they’ll be back at it today. It is certainly getting down close to the finish for that project.
And, looking at the weather forecast, we see rain beginning tomorrow and lasting to the weekend. That will impact what we’re able to do.