Tag Archives: CPS Wheatland

Chilly Friday

Friday, March 16, 2018 It was much colder outside today than yesterday, and the cloudiness and wind increased the chill in the air.  Even so, it was a busy day for a Friday in mid-March.  We took the time to service … Continue reading

Posted in Farm Days, News, Planting | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

A return to wheat

Monday, September 25, 2017 September 25th is the date when we prefer to begin planting our soft red winter wheat (SRW).  Well, that is going to happen today.  What makes it special is that we have not planted any wheat … Continue reading

Posted in Family Life, Farm Days, Harvest, News | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

We missed it… mostly

Friday, August 18, 2017 Well, there was no rain to be had this week.  We had been predicted a 40% chance on Wednesday and 60% on Thursday. (does that make a 100% chance?).  But just a sprinkle on those two … Continue reading

Posted in Harvest, News | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Good wheat news

Thursday, February 20, 2014 A really strong wind is blowing out there today, and rain storms are on the way.  The last patches of snow and ice will soon disappear on this windy, 60º day.  The farm lot and lane … Continue reading

Posted in Farm Days, News | Tagged , , | Leave a comment