Thursday, April 4, 2013
Yesterday morning, we toured most of our fields to determine if we could begin some field operations. In the afternoon, we did a little field work. I took the 9330 and field cultivator (we also call it a ‘scratcher’) to work in some of the small erosion areas here at the home farm.
John took out the 9360R with the ammonia applicator and began to calibrate it. He must apply a small area, then weigh the NH3 wagon to get the calibration made. After a couple calibration runs, it should be ready to apply NH3 in earnest. NH3 is the source of nitrogen plant nutrients for our corn crop.
Ross also took out his MX290 with a toolbar and began NH3 application. Ross had some technical problems with his rate controller, and he is working on that again this morning.
I must update the software in the JD- GS 2 rate controller that John is using, and it’s made difficult today by a glitch in my office internet connection. The internet guys are coming to work on that!