Wednesday, April 6, 2016
The wind has returned, and it’s blowing like crazy out there. John and Brandon are applying nitrogen down at the Holscher farm. They finished Burke this morning, and will soon move to Downen. After that, only Crook remains to require preplant nitrogen application. If the predicted rain would hold off, they could get that done today. But with sprinkles off and on, we cannot predict if they will get the nitrogen application done today. We will use whatever opportunity the day gives us.
It goes without saying that spraying is impossible today.
Monday night, it got down to about 28ºF (-2C). With the temperatures like these, we are not excited about planting just yet. There are more below-freezing nights predicted for the weekend. There will be a time for planting when it warms up, and we’ll be ready!